Search Box

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

SAP TechEd, Las Vegas

I'd like to share my wonderful week at the SAP TechEd Conference 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. For those of you wanting to see just the conference jump to the break. I finally had some time to put my thoughts together after a wonderful conference. My first time back to Las Vegas since I was a child and I have to say I will miss Las Vegas. Vegas with all its glamour and sparkle really gets you into a different mindset. The Venetian is quite the hotel not what I remembered. Lots of people were out and about spending like no tomorrow. You really wouldn't know that their was an election going on, everybody was more concerned whether or not the Giants were going to make it to the World Series. Maybe, you go to Las Vegas to forget about your normal lives and enter into your new role as Bond, James Bond. Whatever the case may be for you being in Las Vegas I'm sure you'll have a good time. The food was simply amazing, I had a fantastic meal at Morel's French Bistro and Steakhouse. The servers and waiters are very knowledgeable about the menu, as they should be, but could detail the entire wine and cheese list. I had such a good time my first night that I went back on my last night as well. If you ever have the chance to eat at this joint I highly recommend it.  
I've also included a picture of their cheese list and a half bottle of the Châteauneuf-du-Pape, which went quite well with my lamb.

The first night I had an exquisite surf and turf, a medium-rare filet and a in-shell lobster, both were superb. 
Next time will be hopefully with some better company. I did hate to indulge by myself, but it was definitely worth it. My friends and family were their in heart and in spirit. 

Now for those wanting to take a look at the conference side of things, I've included photos of this as well. Over 6,000 people at some point joined the conference locally, not to mention the few thousand that had to help organize, manage, and scoot these folks along in a mannered way. I have been a part of a much smaller conference and putting something together like this can be scary challenge. This was really well done and the venue was incredibly large as well.  


 The opening keynote, where SAP HANA in the cloud was announced. I was very surprised and please to hear that announcement with AWS.




 Feeding this many people is quite a feat. Getting them to the spot you wanted them to eat, sit, and leave was very well done by this place.








Overall I had a great time. I met a lot of folks that were very much interested in the same stuff I was. I always enjoy meeting new people and this was a very good opportunity for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment