Search Box

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dallas 18 Bears 34

Last night the office offered some tickets to the Monday Night game so little ole me, with nothing to do on a Monday night, picked up a ticket. :) I had to pick up a buddy who also got a ticket and we were off. Note this is probably 3 hours notice prior to the game. Hey I wasn't gonna miss this chance. I've had less time to get to an airport. My co-worker lives in Dallas about 25 minutes from Arlington where the Stadium resides. I've never driven to Arlington let alone the stadium so I was in for a surprise. My nerves couldn't have been more wrapped up in anticipation. Off into the sunset, perfect driving conditions. If you didn't know Six Flags amusement park originated in Texas. Well it's quite the site to see driving on the 30 headed East with the sunset as the backdrop. As we move closer I have no idea where we are going to park and then the stadium pops into view. Now I've seen a few stadiums but the gravity of the size can't be shown in pictures. This is truly a top-notch stadium which blows the Candlestick out of the water. Cowboys Stadium has set the bar pretty high for entertainment and technology value. I hope whoever is building the new 49ers stadium knows this is the stadium to beat. If they do I might consider getting season tickets to their new stadium which is supposed to be named after a notable software company, SAP. To make it short my expectations were way below par for this event.



Our seats couldn't have been better. The size of the jumbotron is about 60 yards wide. Take a second and think about that. That makes for some big viewing. Ill add some photos to stir your imagination.


It was hard to root for the opposite team with cowboy fans sitting all around you. We were definitely in the home section if there was one. The crowd was a lot classier than what I remember from my 49er games in SF. Beer wasn't cheap but what could you expect. At least they had Shiner. The food wasn't bad either. Texas barbecue, a tri-tip sandwich for 12 bucks plus some chips. You could eat inside there air conditioned sections with again multiple screens staring at you. You actually didn't have to go outside to enjoy watching the football game. You could have sat inside and enjoyed the bar and atmosphere from the inside. Which wouldn't have been too bad. We sat outside of course we weren't used to sitting inside yet. The crowd kept getting quieter as Romo threw away pass after pass. Eventually leading to the mass exodus during his last interception in the fourth quarter. Getting out of the stadium wasn't too bad if you knew where you were going. We on the other hand had no idea on how to get back to the highway. We finally made it after 30 minutes of traffic. After dropping my friend off at his place I ended up getting back to my place a little after 11:30. 

Well that was quite the night, definitely will need to go again with a little bit more preparation. 

-Quincy   


1 comment:

  1. I am jealous to say the least. Wish they would have at least beat the Bears...

    ReplyDelete